Job searching in the U.A.E is not an easy task for any one especially for those who do not have any friends, contacts or relatives in the U.A.E. But one need not worry, after carefully going thru my post, but you will surely feel that you have a very good friend and a guide in U.A.E.
The very first question that comes to mind for one searching for an U.A.E job is: Can I get a job from my home country?
Yes, if you’re quite lucky or you have any extra ordinary skills which are not available in the current market, then you will be able to get hired from your home country but the probability is very low like 5%.
One more option is recruitment agency in your home country but remember don’t pay a single penny to them as advance or processing fee etc: for there are many such fraudulent persons and dubious companies, who prey on the gullible and the innocent, who are out there looking for a living.
OK, now let’s start the job searching task and for that you have to do few preparations at home .If you do proper homework then you will be saving a lot of your time in the U.A.E and can concentrate on job searching activities.
Remember once you will be in the U.A.E, every single day will cost you in AED. Therefore I have divided the job searching task in two categories:
first one is pre job searching activities.
second one is post job searching activities.
Let’s discuss pre job searching activities. Mainly these activities can be done in the country of your domicile.
- Make a proper email address like your email@example.com
- Prepare your resume as per the international standards
- Update your Linkedin profile; if possible join job hunting groups
- Find out U.A.E based contacts, if you don’t have then use word of mouth in your social circle in order to find out.
- Do research on internet for relevant companies where you can apply for job and jot down all companies details in excel sheet. Few links are following and for more Google it.
- http://www.yellowpages.ae/ – check the advance search option
- There are quite a few reliable job hunting websites in the U.A.E, Be familiar with these website. By doing analysis on relevant job in this way you will get an idea of the job market and employer expectations. Create your personal account as well, so once you will be in the U.A.E you have to just update few details.
- Accommodation arrangements can also be done from your home country, Kindly review following website and do contact for suitable accommodation. If you have your own laptop then please give preference to the WIFI based accommodation otherwise you can use internet café. Finalize the rent and other terms with them, but no money should be transferred from your home country. Try to get accommodation in Dubai, U.A.E because you will get lots of advantages.
- URL: http://dubai.dubizzle.com/property-for-rent/rooms-for-rent-flatmates/
- URL: http://gnads4u.com/search.html?t=properties&ct=RXC-PR-TL-AB
Let’s discuss post job searching activities. Mainly these activities can be done after your arrival in the U.A.E.
Once you arrive, you have to be in touch via mobile phone. You can buy mobile connection from Airport or any other place and that number you have to update everywhere for e.g. in Resume, on websites etc.
Now once you have basic amenity with you, you have to move forward with your job searching activities and for job searching Internet is the best option. You can also visit companies in order to drop your resume, but for that please update you resume with your local number and local detail as you already know all websites.
In conclusion, I’ll say best of the luck and do hard work and proper planning in your home country, I am 100% sure if you come up with proper homework, you will definitely get your dream job.